Any chance for an alternate Jedi unlock method?

TheTinyPebble
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any chance for an alternate Jedi unlock method?

Postby TheTinyPebble » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:17 pm

I've done normal 2 man, and soloed easy mode. I am TKM/Doc and my gear isn't that awesome. You will just need some good dps to help you with normal.
"<HK47>Yen doch whatsap YouTube Neeson to do :)"

TheTinyPebble
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheTinyPebble » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:46 am

Just a quick update. We ran HC 3 man yesterday and killed both queen and brain, it wasn't easy but it was doable. Jedi helps a lot in here.
"<HK47>Yen doch whatsap YouTube Neeson to do :)"

Khaeon
New User
New User

Postby Khaeon » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:39 am

Sorry to bring up this necro but will this ever change? There are still some of us who have "unlocked" but no one will group up to help use run these.

p3cAd0R

Postby p3cAd0R » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:31 am

I was going to have a huge reply, but this grows old. A majoirty of the new unlocks expect to get the completed as soon as they are glowy. About 75% of the new unlocks are not ready to run the dungeons. Their builds, templates are not going to help the rest of the group who will help you run the dungeons. It took some of weeks even months to complete all 4 of the dungeons. How can you contribute besides saying "I do not care about the loot. I just want to unlock."

Take the few of you and run the easy mode of the Alum mines. Become familiar with the dungeon.
Hsuan-Tien
Atilano
Pecador
Holy-Frijoles

Drop off@TCON (near Cnet) /way 514, -5594

Parth

Postby Parth » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:14 am

Nein
HQ Weapons on my stocked Vendor@ Theed Palace -5525 4160
send me Mail on "Eky" for your Custom Order.

LF IMP PvPers

Shensen

Postby Shensen » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Lol, amusing to see this still coming up. Was the reason I skidaddled. I miss you crazy people though. :)

Grimaldi

Postby Grimaldi » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Shensen wrote:Lol, amusing to see this still coming up. Was the reason I skidaddled. I miss you crazy people though. :)

Now you are missing all the great content. Hurry back.

StandardSanders

Postby StandardSanders » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:48 pm

I may start working on getting to glowy status after I finish my Smangler build (Smuggler + Ranger) so I'll be needing to run some dungeons myself.

I've not run any of the dungeons ever but I'd suggest setting up an exchange set of runs and I'd happy to be involved with this here is an example scenario of how this could go down and everyone* could benefit.

Make a forum post along the lines of "Jedi unlock dungeon runs"
Set a weekly (or more) day/time
Create a list of players who need to unlock
X amount of these players bring their main combat class one week
Y amount of these players bring the character they want to unlock on
Z amount of veteran players/jedis, what have you come on to help and get loot

There would be a pay-it-forward expectation that if you are getting help running the dungeon to unlock Jedi you will at least help one run before/after that.

Now I do realize this assumes that most people have a combat character outside of their unlocking toon and that may or may not be the case. Either way I'm down to help people do their runs if for no other reason than to learn the dungeons as I've not had a chance to do them myself.
Duric | Pikeman
Kip Smangler
Grunkle |TBD
Durik | Padawan

Parth

Postby Parth » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:07 pm

Tiny and me ran dozens of glowies through the dungeons last year. Feel free to use my thread template to get a group going.
Im usually able to help on fridays starting 4pm est (we are in europe)
HQ Weapons on my stocked Vendor@ Theed Palace -5525 4160
send me Mail on "Eky" for your Custom Order.

LF IMP PvPers

Tyclo

Postby Tyclo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:51 am

Shensen wrote:Lol, amusing to see this still coming up. Was the reason I skidaddled. I miss you crazy people though. :)

Checking the dates on this thread, it doesn't look like it's been much of an issue other than some isolated case a few months ago. :P

Generally, the biggest issue with running unlock dungeons is the cost and teaching new players the basics of "how not to kill the entire group." (The Brain is an a-hole) It takes about 100k per character in shuttle fees + the cost of buffs. (Which rarely anyone ever tips for) - So for a leader(s), it's normally an expense with little to no reward, a waste of time when no one follows directions and an inconvenience when some players are expecting to be able to do the run with their 5th and 6th Holo of Master Architect + Master Ranger. (It has happened...) This + p3cAd0R's post.

That aside, if you are still need your unlock, see below.

StandardSanders wrote:I may start working on getting to glowy status after I finish my Smangler build (Smuggler + Ranger) so I'll be needing to run some dungeons myself.

There was a template for posting dungeon runs somewhere, which may be what Parth is talking about. It wasn't as intricate as what you're implying, but posting a time+date normally gets the job done. Making friends and asking who will be available at some date and time in general chat is usually the best.

I think we're planning on making it an "at minimum," monthly event thing. I'm not in a position to state any details, but hopefully we have it organized by the time you are unlocking.

Either way, last week we ran two full unlock runs back to back. Sure, I was broke by the end of the second set of runs, but we did it lol.

Best thing to do is read up on the dungeons, [1] [2], have some 80%+ armor and a decent template. Then, once a group is set up, let the leader pull and follow directions. There's a lot of tricks to make the run go smoothly.

Another good thing to do is do the dungeon runs even if you're not ready to unlock. I probably ran 3 or 4 Alumn's and a Pirate + Yavin before I ever did my unlock.
Tyclo BerlinSki [Tank] // Tylco BerlinSki [Doctor] // null [undefined] // Blep Flep [Nudist]

Return to “Jedi”